Ditch the XVID player for the VLC embedable player.
*Plays almost all codec (no more users complaining of no sound or no video)
*Plays RAR files
*Allows for video cropping and tons of other features.
there is no way that VLC could stream RAR files. it needs the entire file to uncompress it.
One big problem here is that VLC and megaupload dont get along.
Ridiculous. I only use DIVX or Flash, It's quicker, faster and you can see how quickly the download is. I say we DITCH VLC
I consistently use VLC the same way the asker does it...
Adminabemore (Admin, icefilms.info) commented
Yeah, I wish this too. I use VLC in Linux to stream from icefilms, but it works very different from divx web player (DWP). VLC only has a very small buffer. It does not download the entire video like DWP does, so if your connection slows down at any time while watching a video then the video freezes. Not ideal. If there was some option to make VLC download/cache the entire video, then it we'd be onto something.
embedded vlc would be perfect for icefilms
Dbs DiedJee commented
if that will fix my firefox fuckage that would be great!
I use VLC player because i have ubuntu OS.
In a certain way:
1. look for megaupload or anyother download link (wait 45 sec)
2. start downloading in a certain map (there appear two files of the same movie (static and dynamic one (that one fills up while downloading))
example: - static: A life less ordinary KLAXXON.avi
- dynamic: A life less ordinary KLAXXON.avi.part
3. open dynamic movie file with vlc player
4. vlc asks you if you want to repair the file : A life less ordinary KLAXXON.avi.part
I CHOOSE NO and
Voila: I can watch movie while downloading!!!!!
Could somebody make Greasemonkeyscript for that?