I suggest you ...

allow comments or votes on each video

allow users to comment and or vote on each video.

305 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • noone commented  · 

I wish you could vote DOWN bad ideas.

• Cosine106 commented  · 

Bad idea, IMO. This will breed spammers (like blog comment bots); if you link to a website with a low Google rank from a website with a high Google rank, it'll raise the google rank of all the linked sites in the spam comments. (This aspect is part of how Google decides how important certain websites are in searches).

So if this does go though, it'd need to be well moderated with IP comment bans being administered generously.

• nick commented  · 

3 things this is not facebook or youtube and i really dont give a shit about what pre teens think about the newest jersey shore episode

• ford1e commented  · 

this is a cool idea.imdb is pants i wanna see what my fellow users have voted on a movie not some random dude that more than likley has cheese and wine for supper.

• Tony commented  · 

I also think there's should be a spoiler button that way if someone is spoiling the movie, you can block that person's comments from showing.

• froxie commented  · 

"
        isn't that what IMDb is for? there r plenty of user reviews and ratings there. i dun understand why anyone would want us to duplicate that here.
        "

IMDB also got a forum, why would anyone want you tu duplicate that here?
        Seriosly, beeing able to comment the quaility etc on the videos would be great!

Icefilms <3

• MIG commented  · 

admin, do you really think that IMDb ranking function is effective or beneficial in any way? I think that's the snobbiest movie ranking site I've ever seen. Those opinions have not to be exposed so that every child or ugly mother "..." would see in the front of them. Make a link. In any other case I would suggest to use a good movie ranking site e.g. http://astore.amazon.com

• premythous commented  · 

icefilms i hope i did'nt offend you lol

if you have adblock+ stop bitching and moaning
        p.s the forums suck

• xztence commented  · 

Also there might be spoilers in the comments so no. voting = imdb

• Shalmainia commented  · 

Suit yourself but when we're all trauling through "1st" and "2nd" all the way up to a hundred with 500 curses in one paragraph, don't bitch and moan on the forums, hell I'll probably just block it with Adblock Plus anyway. :)

we excluding shalmainia lol want icefilm user comments and ratings

Speak for yourself lol I love the IMDB links!

to icefilms admin: we want icefilm users comments and ratings not imdb

• projectgilda commented  · 

I concur that comments will no doubt become plop, unless restricted to registered users whose names are added et voilà, self governing. Voting by ICEFILMS solely is a must concept.

Premythous> It's not that user comments couldn't be helpful if people used it correctly but anyone that's ever visited other movie websites with the user comments feature knows that A) "1st! 2nd! 3rd" isn't very helpful and B) En-mass swearing will be included, do you really want to see 30k links with that? lol. Go ahead anyway lol I have adblock plus element hiding helper.

• mohammed commented  · 

ya i think a votin thing will be great do that

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base